Pop Sensation, singer/songwriter, Farahri has exclusively released another killer remix of her single “Shake Your Body” featuring International reggae superstar, GYPTIAN!! Boasting a hard dance beat, this song is ripe for play in nightclubs around the world!
What do you think of this “Shake Your Body Remix” version?
Follow Farahri online at:
Why is it the first pillar? The answer is so simple – How can you spread happiness and positivity in the world without first loving yourself?
One of the main problems is that we live in a society where we are consciously and subconsciously made to feel inadequate. What does that mean? It means we are bombarded by advertisements, commercials, magazines and movie stars ect. who look absolutely perfect! Not to mention every other ad you see is for a diet pill or weight loss plan or how to look younger or how to cover up imperfections. I’m not sure how this all came about! Did cavemen and women really care about their wrinkles or if they were wearing the latest brand name animal hyde? And in fact i’m pretty sure they were happy about extra body fat to keep them warm and insulated!! So i really wonder where all this emphasis on superficial beauty came about….Also why did a group of only a few people get to decide what was cool or how we should look/dress to be “beautiful”…. It is pretty obvious that since we all have different tastes and attractions that we were not genetically programmed to find a certain “look” appealing, would you agree?
Regardless of how this ridiculousness evolved, there’s no point dwelling on the fact that its there. I propose that the way to deal with it is to figure out how to conquer it internally and slowly let that permeate through people around the world, eventually abolishing silly ideals that were essentially forced on us.
Close your eyes and imagine the one person in the world you feel is 100% confident, never had self-esteem issues or any feelings of inferiority about their looks or who they were…now imagine transferring that confidence and self-esteem to you….. how does it feel?
What if I told you models and movie stars are not all as confident and happy as you think they are? What if I told you it was possible to feel that way no matter how you look or what you do?
Can I tell you a secret? I’ve spent a lot of my life, feeling ugly, fat, inadequate and like I didn’t fit in. And all this was despite having a wonderfully loving family, lots of friends, good grades, multiple talents and high praises from just about everyone about how wonderful and beautiful I was. So how did I get these thoughts in my head? I’ll be perfectly honest, I wanted to look like a model. I wanted to be skinny, have perfect skin, perfect hair, a perfect face etc. Where I grew up, having curves or an athletic type body totally stood out and I never appreciated it, because I always wanted to look like the other girls. Even though boys liked me and I had friends, for some reason I never felt good enough for anything. But looking back, it made absolutely no sense why I felt that way…there was no need. Luckily I was good at ‘faking’ confidence, so no one ever knew what was actually going on in my head, except for my diary. Ofcourse I still go through moments where I wish something about me was different but it only lasts momentarily and I remember a few simple things and move on from those negative thoughts.
I imagine a lot of you went through or are going through what I did and are dying for a way out. It’s easy to say “Be more confident”, “Love yourself” but HOW do you do it if you just don’t feel that way???
1) It starts with changing how you look at the world and yourself within the world. I like to use this example: Imagine the fattest, SO ugly-its-cute puppy. There are tons of them around and if you look at them, they have so much love around them and are perfectly happy being the way they are. We look at them and often smile, want to pet them, know their name, what type of breed or mix they are, age, etc. etc. We instinctively and instantly love them unconditionally. Why don’t we care what they look like or what their behaviour is like? Because deep down our brains and hearts know that it doesn’t matter in the greater scheme of things. All that matters is that this cute little puppy brings joy to our hearts just by being who he/she is. Now extend this to yourself. Be happy you are a human being that exists in this world in the first place and you have been blessed with another day to fulfill whatever your purpose is. Try to feel like that bubbly, care-free, so content with itself – puppy, all the time.
2) Realize that confidence IS sexiness! If you’re looking for the perfect dress, haircut, body etc. to figure out how to be sexy you can forget it because without confidence you won’t wear any of those things in an appealing way. Really reflect on who you are, what your talents and passions are, what you love about yourself and then be grateful about it. By appreciating all the little things you like about yourself you will start to realize that all those little things make up YOU as a whole person and that you as a whole person is dripping sexiness.
3) If you don’t feel it yet, FAKE IT! Imagine you are the most beautiful person in the world. Walk around with your head high, strut, move your hips when you walk and most importantly, smile. This actually works through a technique called imagery. If you’re a soccer player, your coach may tell you to visualize yourself scoring the penalty kick, and this will actually increase your chances for scoring. It’s the same way with how we feel…if you visualize yourself as the sexiest thing walking around, you are creating positive space in your head and training yourself subconsciously to ACTUALLY be confident. Just faking a smile emits chemicals in your brain that create the ‘happy’ feeling so imagine faking confidence It takes practice and time but it can be done!
4) Don’t look in the mirror too much. There is absolutely no need to concentrate on all your imperfections (trust me EVERYONE has several – you would be abnormal if you didn’t have any). No good comes of constantly reminding yourself of that zit or bad haircut or extra few pounds. Use the image of you in your visualization as your mirror throughout the day. You will feel so much better that you will emit vibes that cause people to be more attracted to you and thus will start a very positive cycle. Just think about it! Haven’t you ever met someone that looked so physically perfect but there was something unattractive at the same time? And on the flip side, haven’t you met someone who you initially didn’t find physically attractive but there was something about them that you and others just gravitated towards? I’ll tell you the secret. It’s all about attitude and confidence! Those who are happy, smiling, friendly, caring and genuinely confident people automatically attract attention and even become more physically attractive in our eyes. Those who mope around, complain or are rude and mean automatically repel others and become less physically attractive. You don’t need a mirror to tell you you’re a beautiful, gorgeous person, you just have to feel like it and you will be.
5) Give yourself the same respect and consideration that you give to others. You easily accept flaws and faults in those around you and love them just the same. Apply the same principle to yourself. Recognize that you are worth more than you can even imagine because you were created with a specific purpose, even if you don’t recognize it right now. You are just as important in this universe as the president, the richest person in the world, the CEO of a big company, the sun, the moon and the stars. If you always remember how important YOU are at every stage of your life there’s no need to feel inadequate or worthless, ever.
6) Don’t let others bring you down! Be strong and realize that you know yourself better than anyone else and stay true to it. No one else is in your head but you. You are the only one aware of your thoughts and intentions. You’re always changing, growing and experiencing so to understand yourself 100% of the time is almost impossible but as long as you’re always striving to be better you’re headed in the right direction. Listen, absorb and reflect on what others say to you and about you, positive or negative, but respect yourself enough to decide what is true and what isn’t. There’s no point lying to yourself because that would be detrimental to your growth. There are people out there who feel better when they put others down and there are people who are purposely trying to hurt you by saying anything that they can to get to you. Your task is to let it roll off of your skin like the rain. When someone insults you or puts you down or criticizes you, do something you’ve never done before – try to understand it. Some people are trying to help, some are being malicious, some just made a mistake and some are just unaware of the fact that they even said anything to hurt you in the first place. Instead of feeling bad right away, take a second to decipher the context behind the comment and then determine which category to place it in. Now you’re in a much better position to interpret it as necessary. The most important thing to realize is that just because someone says you’re something, doesn’t make it true.
7) Respect and embrace the fact that you’re not perfect. No one is and no one ever will be. Try to be the best person you can be at all times and appreciate your life. Before you make a decision, stop and think about your options. Choose whatever path allows you to become a better person overall. Life is journey, live it and love it.
“I’m a ROCKSTAR and I LOVE being me!”
“I am an imperfectly perfect creation with a very important purpose in this universe.”
“I solemnly swear to be loyal, dedicated, appreciative, caring, kind, devoted and in absolute awe of the beautiful person I am everyday.”]]>
A lot of people don’t look forward to birthdays for one reason or another, usually because we feel we’re getting old. I wanted to get rid of that feeling and focus on the fact that you’re going to have a party and therefore having a birthday will be fun and exciting!
The most important message behind the song is that – Happiness is a state of mind, which you have complete control over. Sometimes songs can help nudge you to whatever mood you feel like being in. “Favorite Day” is also the song you play over and over again when you feel angry, frustrated, sad, lonely etc. It’s scientific fact that thinking about positive things, actually releases chemicals in your brain to help you start feeling better. Whenever I would get in a fight with my parents or something was making me feel upset, I would go to my room and sing until I lost my voice. Growing up, music really helped me stay sane and I wanted to write a song that would continue to help me and hopefully others stay happy and positive for as much of the day as possible!
The very last line of the chorus is my favorite line – “And no one in the world can stop me!” This is about empowerment and accountability. Don’t let anyone stop you from having a great day. Wake up in the morning and decide that even though you may not have control over everything that happens in your day, you DO have control over how you feel. Nobody can stop you from pursuing and achieving your goals!
Proliferating positivity is also the main component of GPoP, my undercover mission in life :p (read more about it athere).
SO now you can see that Favorite Day isn’t JUST about boyfriends, and jobs and birthdays, it’s all that and a bag of chips! Hope you enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed writing it. Trust me that listening to it every day will remind you to have a great day and get those brain chemicals working in the right direction. If you love it, be a friend and share it with your friends so we can all help make the world a more positive place.]]>